Am I a Versatile writer.. er blogger? I don’t know.. But my dear friend Anand thinks so… and I am extremely happy for that..!!!
My first blogger award..!
My first blogger award..!
Before I start, a few words about Anand's Musings.. they are refreshing and thought provoking and always read them with a cup of coffee.. don't know why! :) He says "Life is like that" and doesn't push it too hard either..
And as a rule, I am supposed to say 7 things about me and pass it on
So here it goes,
- I got lost twice in my life literally, both times in a temple and both the times, they some how found me.. well I was very young then 4 and 10 respectively and still cannot imagine what would have happened.. if I was not found… hmm..
- I was chased by a monkey while on my way to a temple again!!! Where it made me run 50 steps.. But I didn’t give him the banana I protected.. and on that day I understood that I am competitive.. (monkey or human I just don’t care)
- I can take in success quite easily, but failures create a lot of impact in me.. that I cant forget even a single one of them, till date
- On my first visit to a temple I threw a stone on Lord Ganesha.. coz he was sitting idle.. (if he was anything like me, I would be rotting in hell by now! :P) (What is with me and temples..)
- I dream a lot.. day dream, imagination, nightmares.. they all come to me even when my eyes are open
- I hear a voice in my head.. that doesn’t stop at all.. and irritates me with sarcasm especially when I speak with some one.
- I can fake smile..! yes I can.. without people having slightest hint.. it comes in handy when I pretend there is no problem in my life and I can happily live in my favorite bubble.. also does help a great deal in Office.. he he!
And I am not passing this on to these people here, for I am not that great like them.. but a small token to them.. Dear Nasnin, Anand robbed me off you.. :(
- Arjun – “Just an avatar” “New nonentities” My greatest inspiration on short stories.. my dear Mashe… his style is so unique that I read, all of his short stories in one shot.. he deserves a book published with those extraordinary works.. Read one story you will become his fan.. don’t forget to download his collection of short stories as PDF.. He is also a humble human being.. how else can his blog remain invisible.. Before I started reading his works.. they were like a new book unscratched, just look now.. each page has my dirty hands in them.. cant help it Mashe..
- KP (I call him "Partha") – “A competitor with same name” was the exact words than came to my head the first time I saw his blog.. But then after reading his works.. I cannot compare myself to him… all of his short stories are very nice.. some of them are too good to be true.. just like him J and what can I say about his 55W Fiction.. they are the best collection that I have come across so far.. and he is like Sachin completed more than 500 short fictions.. and still rocking with new ideas.. A friend.. philosopher and guide..
- Pygma – Her's is one of the most personal blog, that I love to read, coz they may be personal but the flow and use of language is extra ordinary.. and it always connects.. that which strikes me more is her openness in each post, that gives itself a respect.. I don’t know how she does that! Hats off.. and to me she is an wonderful critic..
- MJ – He writes Haiku.. and haiku in its original form, about nature and life.. Hikus are supposed to be non personal and his haikus reminds me of freshness.. my only non – Indian reader.. and the only one whom I knew before blogging...